Monday, October 16, 2006

Name of Jesus

Completed October 16, 2006

This poem focuses on the mighty name of Jesus. The precious name and blood of Jesus washed away my sins at Calvary. The saving name of Jesus rescued me from death after I believed, accepted, and received Him. His life-changing name transformed me into a new being who now and forever wants to worship and glorify that same magnificent and majestic name - the name of Jesus!

--------------------------------------------------

There is something about that name
That simply leaves me not the same.

Jesus
showed me life’s not a game
By taking the road not to fame.

He told me of my own dark shame
And yet there is no need to blame
Since
He already overcame.

“Believe in His name!” I now claim
And then into my life
He came.
His son right away I became.

I’ll give Him all praise and acclaim
For I view life with a new frame.

To glorify Him is my aim.
His name
forever I’ll proclaim.

No comments: