Friday, June 08, 2007

Jesus, Our Healer

I wrote this poem for my sick classmate Mark Alvin Chua. At that time, I couldn't finish it in time for his birthday surprise so I'm posting it here. It is dedicated to him for encouragement. May God continue to bless you and heal you - in His perfect time and will.

-----------------------------------------------------

At times, we ask how this could have happened
Or why must such good people suffer this fate.
I can assure you that He knows how we feel
Because He went through it all – He could relate.

My friend, there’s no need to hide all your tears.
There’s no shame for you to cry and be sad.
Because through all of these, He is with you -
Jesus is with you through good times and bad.

The one thing we can do is to hold on –
Trusting his infinite time and wisdom.
He is the true Healer of all sickness –
Like the Old Testament’s Gilead balm.

You see, God has a plan that we can’t grasp;
His plans are above our understanding.
But despite this fact, He still blesses us
With hope, faith, love and life overflowing.

No comments: