Monday, August 06, 2007

May I Live

This song is very personal as it seeks to evaluate a person's life. At the start of the song, the person is acknowledging that He can only live because God allows it and that he'll try to live for Him. At the end, he's saying that hopefully, all his actions, thoughts, words - life - brought God the glory and pleased Him. (Only what is done for Christ will last!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Verse 1:
Another day is here; another day brand new.
So I praise You for the work that I’ll do.
Another day is dawning; another day to live.
Whatever You choose to give me I’ll gladly receive.

Chorus:
And may I live my life according to Your will;
And may my thoughts be pleasing Lord to You,
And may my words reflect the beauty of Your presence;
May my actions bring glory to You.

Verse 2:
Another day is through; another day is gone.
And I thank You Lord for what You have done.
Another day is over; another day has passed.
Only what is done for Christ will truly last.

Ending:
O have I lived my life according to Your will?
And are my thoughts all pleasing Lord to You?
And do my words reflect the beauty of Your presence?
Did my actions bring glory to You?
Do my words bring glory to You?
Are my thoughts all pleasing to You, O Lord?
Is my life bringing glory to You?

2 comments:

elliott said...

Hey Bay do have music for the song or is it just lyrics?

Byron Lim said...

Haha. I have the music in my head. I haven't written it down yet in a music sheet.