Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Redeemed!

There are two versions of this: the original and the one that we rendered during the P&W night. As a background, I actually thought of the words during one night as I was thinking on a cheer that is connected to the song "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)". God truly inspired me and I hope He is glorified. Only by His grace are we redeemed. So we must share this and declare to all nations we are redeemed by God!

---------------------------------------------------

The original version: (rhyming)
Redeemed, Redeemed, God sent His Son.
Redeemed, Redeemed, my chains are gone!
Redeemed, Redeemed, purchased by God.
Redeemed, Redeemed, bought by His blood!
Redeemed, Redeemed, took my disgrace.
Redeemed, Redeemed, saved by His grace!
Redeemed, Redeemed, we are redeemed!
Redeemed, Redeemed, forever redeemed!

The rendition version: (has a flow)
Redeemed, Redeemed, God sent His Son.
Redeemed, Redeemed, bought by His blood!
Redeemed, Redeemed, my chains are gone!
Redeemed, Redeemed, saved by His grace!
Redeemed, Redeemed, we are redeemed!
Redeemed, Redeemed, forever redeemed!


There's actually a third version which is an improvement of the first two. It started out as a challenge to present salvation in your own way. And being the poetic me, I took upon it as a signal for me to write again. Hope it helps you!

---------------------------------------------------

The long version: (more rhymes)
Redeemed, Redeemed, God sent His Son to our world to save.
Redeemed, Redeemed, my chains are gone; I'm no more a slave.
Redeemed, Redeemed, He took my disgrace and died on the cross.
Redeemed, Redeemed, I'm saved by his grace; his death not a loss.
Redeemed, Redeemed, only if you believe can you be redeemed!
Redeemed, Redeemed, if Christ you receive, you'll forever be redeemed!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I like the full version. =) Hope that we make it as cheer instead of the short one =)

Byron Lim said...

Yeah, I liked the original version too, but they say it's too long. Well, I guess the content is what matters... thanks for your comment. Ü

Dan said...

Wow! You actually published this! Haha. (BTW, as the drummer, I don't even know we have two versions. haha)