Thursday, May 22, 2008

More to This Life!

I've written this poem some time in the past. Yet the message it sends out is still very fresh. I find it more and more applicable to me now than back then when I am just starting to work. I know that I don't know what will happen in the future, but I trust in God's providence and guidance that He will be there for me.

---------------------------------------------------

In my little space on earth, I try to live my best.
Yet many times I’ve failed and just went on like the rest.
I’ve worked and toiled and burned my brow so that I’d fit in.
But still I can’t attain that sense of peace from within.


I’ve done a lot of mistakes that I’d like to forget.
I tell you - thinking of these only makes me upset.
Somehow I knew that living this life should be better.
Like I should live my life for a purpose much greater.


But just like what happened at the road to Damascus,
Something is stirring inside of me that made me muse
About life, about love, about God and other things –
Something more to this life and what it hopes to bring.

1 comment:

Christin A. said...

I like your poem. =) It's beautiful. Even unbelievers will be able to identify with the message of your poem. First, because it isn't preachy. Second, unbelievers do ponder on life and think if God is really there. =) Hope you can find someone to give this a melody. Let me know if you did. I'd be glad to hear it. =)