Saturday, September 09, 2006

Life In God Is Beautiful

Completed July 25, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have ever you said to yourself “Life’s beautiful”?
Do you desire to see the sun’s brightness every morning?
Or do you cramp in your bed feeling so dreadful
of the events that may happen this day without warning?

Many times I have felt so dull and depressing
especially when I see pails of rain dropping from clouds.
Somehow these things remind me of teardrops falling
out of the eyes of a familiar person in the crowds.

I tell you this person’s tale was ordinary
‘cause everybody will go to this point in their own lives
but the time when it occurs may mostly vary.
Here is a personal anecdote of how it arrives:

"It was as if shadows swept over my body –
capturing it to do the things that I don’t want to do.
I desperately shouted, ‘Help! Help! Somebody…’
as my hopes and yearnings were starting to lose its weak hue.

I was lost, alone, without any trace of hope.
Suddenly, a pierced hand reached in front of my eyes and face.
He helped me get up and said that I mustn’t mope.
He dressed me up and called me His own sealed with His embrace."

When I look back now and picture my former shape,
I see a person who didn’t know where he was going,
I make out a person who can briefly escape,
but in the end, is caught up in all what he was doing.

When I recount how I was saved from my dark past,
I am so grateful and blessed to be living in the Light.
He gave me power so darkness can be surpassed,
so I can conquer temptations and tests to win the fight.

But it is so hard to stay away from darkness
when you have been living in it for all you can recall.
Sometimes it’s easier to give in to dimness
rather than battling the evil that continues to crawl.

Whenever doubts start to set in, I think of Him –
how He carried me through the storms and pitfalls of my time,
how He gave blessings overflowing my cup’s brim –
then I realize that living in His world is sublime.

Life is a mixture of different blends of taste –
sometimes salty, at times sour and bitter, other times sweet.
These life experiences cannot just be replaced
for these are the same experiences that make me complete.

But without His tender mercy and loving grace,
Life wouldn’t be as beautiful as it could ever be.
All that I do can vanish without any trace.
Only what’s done for Him will last that I can guarantee.

He promised that He would be with me till the end,
that He’ll never let anyone snatch me out of His hand.
Now and forever He will be my loyal friend.
In Him I put my trust; With Him I continue to stand.

Life is truly beautiful when it is in God
because He Himself is Life, the Giver of Existence.
The only thing I should do is follow His rod
and He’ll be my Provider, Protector and Subsistence.

Have you ever noticed how life is beautiful
and that everyday seems to be more and more exciting?
I won’t be afraid since I know He’ll be faithful
in making my life more meaningful and interesting.

No comments: