Saturday, September 09, 2006

A True Friend

Completed July 14, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------
In the midst of all my tests and trials,
I have found a loyal and faithful friend.
He fills my life with joy and hearty smiles –
encouragement, hope and love without end.

An Encourager and Listener

He’s a person who sticks through thick and thin.
Whenever you need Him, He’s always there –
never closing doors, always letting in,
lending His ears to problems you can’t bear.

At times when I feel so down and weary,
He pats my shoulders and says, “It’s okay.”
He tells that life is not always dreary
that tomorrow is another new day.

It’s so sweet to know He is by my side –
the one who I can truly depend on.
All my secrets to Him I can confide.
It’s only He I can rely upon!

A Mentor and Coach

He is my honest counselor and coach –
always supporting my undertakings.
When I need advice to Him I approach
‘cause I know He’ll give His inner feelings.

He is not silent to all my errors,
in fact, criticizing to build me up.
He has the quality of most mentors
in that He always gives a follow-up.

In my victories, He also partakes –
instructing me to run with goal in mind.
He tells me to never make the mistakes
of one whose gloomy past has him confined.

A Buddy and Brother

He’s a person who knows all about me -
yet still loves me for who I really am.
Although on some things we may disagree,
We still stick together like bread and jam.

We’ve become more than friends as years elapse
through daily conversations and actions.
Somehow we’ve grown to be closer, perhaps
more like brothers in many situations.

Whether it be a helping hand nearby
or a secret gesture from far away -
the strands of friendship that forever tie
will keep us bound together everyday.

Jesus, our True Friend

In the end, all these things are just ideal,
for we know that one way or another,
we are afraid as humans to reveal
our vulnerable part to each other.

“Jesus is the only one capable
of being our true, real and faithful friend.”
The Bible attests that He is able.
In this promise I shall always depend.

1 comment:

Wenslyn said...

Hello, I find the "outline" form of this poem very nice. It helps readers to understand better. Just a suggestion, why don't you add verses about God being our Creator, Sovereign, Protector, and Father? It would give a more complete image of our awesome God instead of describing just a loving side of Him :)Keep up the good job :)