Friday, September 15, 2006

Your Love

This was inspired by these two passages.
"The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. the Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works." (Psalm 145:8-9)
"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." (Psalm 36:5)
It talks about the vastness of God's love, faithfulness and mercy coupled with God's attributes. It has a catchy tune to it and hopefully will be perfected once I get help from other people.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Chorus:
Your Love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens.
Your faithfulness stretches through the skies.
Your tender mercy fills up all the earth.
Your Love, O Lord, unfolds before my eyes.

Verse 1:
You’re a gracious God, O Lord.
You took our place in death,
Rose again from the grave,
Overcame all of my sins -
All of these just to save!

Verse 2:
You’re compassionate, O Lord.
You gave us promises.
Comfort from your staff and rod
follows me all of my days.
I’ll declare you’re my God!

Verse 3:
You are slow to anger, Lord.
You always give us chance.
You give meaning to my life
and you guide all of my ways
I will praise all my life!

Bridge:
Oh Lord, My God.
You are full of love,
with faithfulness,
Compassion and grace from above!

1 comment:

Wenslyn said...

Haha, so you decided to publish this one too. I enjoy being able to sing along with the chorus, but I've forgotten the tune for the verse. Hope you complete the score soon so we could sing it :)