Friday, September 15, 2006

Savior and King

I wrote this song with the contrast of the two sides of power in mind. One depicts temporary power in the hands of people, while the other depicts power in its ultimate form - God. The chorus reflects our disposition in that, in the end, all that we can do is to reach out to God for our salvation. It also tackles issue like receiving God as both Savior and Lord.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Verse 1:
In this world, I’ve felt that I’d always win –
that I could even runaway from my sin.
Because I thought, I have the power from deep within.
And yet one thing I could not do is to save my own skin.

Chorus:
I need you Lord, to save me.
I want you Lord in my life.
‘Cause You’re my God; I am Yours.
Lord over me, My Savior and King.

Verse 2:
In the past, I thought that I was a king
who had command over all surroundings.
It was as if I had the power to do anything.
And yet one thing I hadn’t seen is the weakness my pride brings.

Verse 3:
In my life, I have many transgressions.
How can I have my own honor?
But don’t you know He has the power to forgive your sins.
And yet we only accept Him as our Savior not our king.

No comments: